KC Scout Manager Completes Road Safety Professional Certification

 

As the leader of a large team, it is important to have a deep understanding of your team members and what they encounter every day. KC Scout Manager, Randy Johnson not only takes his role very seriously, but also enjoys constant growth and has a love for reading and learning new things.  After 4 months of studying, Johnson took the Road Safety Professional (Level 1) exam and earned his RSP1 certification.

“The studying covered a lot of different resources, such as the AASHTO Highway Safety Manual, ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook and FHWA Road Safety Fundamentals,” said Johnson. “I am an avid reader and so I took the time to read through all the material.”

This certification not only gave Johnson a broader understanding for road safety, but also a new perspective on the human element – and how human behavior influences roadway safety.

“Safety is the most important part of our job and I wanted to make sure I knew all the different aspects of transportation safety.”  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KC Scout Teams Prepare Emergency Operations Plans for 2026 FIFA World Cup

Introducing Josh Stark: KC Scout's Newest Locator

TMC new operator training